3 Kings Day (el Día de Reyes ) – January 6

Home Forums GENERAL – PLAYA DEL CARMEN 3 Kings Day (el Día de Reyes ) – January 6

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robs back 1 week, 1 day ago. This post has been viewed 51 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Canadiense Loco
    Participant

I have never been in Mexico during this day….I don’t think. I realize this is a special day in Mexico. Are any businesses closed such as Mega, Walmart, etc ? We arrive early evening on the 5th so just wondering about pick up groceries, etc.

Robs back
    Participant

i dont think old friend, i think everything is open

Canadiense Loco
    Participant

Thanks Rubio.  Safe travels to PDC. I’ll ring you up once you are settled in. See ya in 30 days ! 🙂

Murray185
    Participant

Tres Rios Dia is a fairly significant day and is celebrated much like Christmas.  Everything is open. All the stores have massive piles of what I call “King Cakes”. The cakes have a plastic baby baked inside and there is a special significance to getting the piece with the “baby” Maybe someone with a lot more knowledge can fill in the blanks.

Robs back
    Participant

i thinks if you get a slice of cake and there is a little plastic figure in it, you have to throw a party

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.