Hola !

This topic contains 23 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Ranger 10 months ago. This post has been viewed 497 times

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Canadiense Loco
    Participant

I have been part of the past playa.info for many years. My wife and I have been to PDC and area 13 or 14 times and in recent years for 3 to 4 weeks. We will be back again this year for one month again.
    We have always stayed in the same villa in Playacar 2 and this trip we will be in town just to change things up. We have met many wonderful people over the years, many that have become our winter friends.

Hummbaby11
    Participant

Hey Scott! Hope you are well. We need to get the gang from the other website together over here.  Thank god I saw the link to this site on TripAdvisor. Cheers!

Hummbaby11
    Participant

I’m John from California by the way.  Have been visiting Playa since 2010 once or twice a year and have met lots of people from the old forum during my travels south of the border that I look forward to seeing each and every year.  I will try to get LunaBrad on here as well. He is my brother.

Canadiense Loco
    Participant

Hey John, good to hear from you. Hope you and Brad are well, and I also hope we run into you again this winter. We are early this trip January 5 to Feb 2. Have a great summer ! 🙂

GaryD
    Participant

Oh hey Scott. Just got back from down there yesterday. Was a week but didn’t spend much time in PDC. Was over in Jose Maria Morelos buying a place. Getting my residente temporal going too. Will be back around there in mid December for couple of months. Hoping to see some of the old people make it to this site or see the other come back. Too bad about all the lost posts.

Wonder how hard it is to post pics…?

webmaster
    Keymaster

Welcome Gary

If you are on the Visual tab in the reply box, the last icon will insert pics from your computer.

roni
    Participant

Finally got registered. Live in Merida and drive over to the Caribbean side several times a year.

roni
    Participant

Very Cool Gary!!

GaryD
    Participant

Hey Roni, Was in Merida too but only for a couple of hours. The deal seemed like it was going to collapse several times and then we finally managed to put it together on the last day I was there. Drove up to Merida on Friday and met the lawyer and signed the compra-venta. The close date is far ahead to coincide with my next visit. By then I will have a resident card visa in my passport. After I arrive I will start the conje and once I am approved the property can be transferred directly into my name, well…. when I make the final payment. A third is now held in escrow. I thought about calling you for a visit but had a flight out from Cancun early next morning.

We will be neighbors, just only 2.5 hrs drive apart… lol.

Crap it was hot there, 41.5 c. one of the days, and me not used to it. I was forced… yes forced to choke back many cold cerveza’s just to keep cool. Ms Abril came along for the ride too although we never did see her old caballero friend.

My buddy Mario is running politically at the local level there in Morelos so I got some first hand views of that show. Also went up to Kantemo one night for a corrida del toro’s in one of those makeshift corrals. Mostly though it was a business trip. I will call you when I’m back. I will have to spend a few days in Merida around the immigration office.

WaterRat
    Participant

Good to see some familiar names!

Hope some others join that I’ve learned from and have enjoyed  reading their posts.

FaRuba
    Participant

Hello everyone. I neglected to do an introduction when I first joined. It’s great to see familiar names showing up. My wife and I have been visiting PDC for approximately 10 years now and were on PI for about the same amount of time. We stay in smallish hotels in town and travel from Nova Scotia, Canada each year where we make our home. Checking PI each morning (and more often than not several times during the day) was part of my daily routine.

(And Hi Scott and Gary… Scott I know you know us, Gary, we had a few cold ones with you and Ms Abril on Rubio’s balcony one evening.)

Hummbaby11
    Participant

If we make it down this year it will likely be for 5 or 6 days between Jan 30th and Feb 5th Scott.  Still trying to get Brad on here. I’m sure he will.  Hope the others come back that were on the original playa.info thread.  Would check that think multiple times daily. Cheers.

sonofdob
    Participant

Hola everyone…nice to see this site…hopefully it takes off…sonofdob

GoodToBeHere
    Participant

We are Playa peeps from long back. Nice to see the tradition continue. Blue Skies!

GaryD
    Participant

I cant see any of my typing now. Are others having d

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.