Mayan Train project

Home Forums GENERAL – PLAYA DEL CARMEN Mayan Train project

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PlayaMaya
    Participant

Update from the other day:

Maya Train project presented at Madrid tourism fair

the train will depart from Cancun International Airport and go through Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Bacalar, Campeche, Calakmul , Escárcega, Palenque, Ciudad de Campeche, Mérida, Chichen Itzá and finally Valladolid

oldpanucho
    Participant

The train to Tulum and the new Tulum airport have been around for decades.I think it was a scam to sell more condos in Tulum originally. But you never know… !

beam-eye
    Participant

Sounds like a pretty long round-about way to get to Valladolid…(you think they’ll have one going in the other direction? And two tracks to route them on?)

PlayaMaya
    Participant

Ha — my assumption was that that was just a description of the route going in the clockwise direction, but that of course there would be the option to go in either direction. (shrug)

bobsmartx
    Participant

Japan’s Mitsubishi Heavy Industries presents Maya Train proposal

“Their main theme was mobilization capacity, energy savings and time travel, factors presented after their construction of the Metro Collective System of Mexico City.”

apparently, you folks are getting a helluva train!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by bobsmartx.
    PlayaMaya
    Participant

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Having not only lived in Japan but moreover spent a few years working on site at MHI in Nagasaki, I doubly appreciate that linguistic tidbit!!! Ah…. Thanks very much for posting it. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.