Oct. 21 – Nov. 1 Short Report

Home Forums TRIP REPORTS Oct. 21 – Nov. 1 Short Report

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  skinnyminnymomma 2 weeks, 6 days ago. This post has been viewed 72 times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

skinnyminnymomma
    Participant

First Morning View from Balcony

Casa Melissa- just 1/2 block from ado station heading toward ferry. Good overall, depending on what you are looking for, review posted on TA under WaterRat2.

skinnyminnymomma
    Participant

First time posting on here, and as you can see I have no idea what I am doing. But here goes.

We have been coming to Mexico for over 20 years, and are very close (I hope) to making somewhere in MX our permanent home. We have always stayed at all inclusives from Ixtapa to Isla Mujeres, so many trips we have lost count. We came to look around at condos, apartments, neighborhoods, etc. Staying right on Fifth was not the best idea for getting a “real” feel. But it left us with some good idea of some of the good/bad facts of living there. Some more like annoyances more that bad.

skinnyminnymomma
    Participant

So just a few photos of our view, seaweed went from awful our first 2-3 days to almost gone to right back like first day. They are constantly “raking” and cleaning the beach with huge tractors and equipment and not really making much headway most days. Affecting the restaurants/beach clubs and usually very few beach goers most days.

Another view from balcony.

skinnyminnymomma
    Participant

Eat Italy – I think. Pretty good pizza.

Only customers at most places we went on the beach. Ate at Yan-Ten. To put it simply, sat at only table on beach. No beach chairs. Beach gone. Food awful. Out of almost everything, Sol – no, ok Modelo, come back no Modelo, Crab Tacos – no out of crab. Only customers. AWFUL food, best thing I had the stale popcorn they brought. Had calamari, frozen, chewy. Can only hope this is due to lack of customers. Dump trucks loading up seaweed right there.

If seaweed does not improve, and soon, most of these places are out of business I predict.

skinnyminnymomma
    Participant

This little boy saw we had candy (pixy sticks). Husband gave him one. He came back a little later with his parents and found a little bag somewhere. He just kept opening his bag and saying more, so we give him one, he looks in bag and opens and says more, until we finally had to say no, no, no more.

This little girl was such a sweet heart!!!

Halloween was our final night, and we had the best time!! So many people later in the evening. Bring or buy all the candy you with to pass out. Seas of people/kids out. Unfortunately to many batmen and not so many dressed up like this little girl.

I stood next to this police man and passed out what candy (pixy sticks at this point) we had left. Over 250 probaby in a matter of about 4 minutes. Kids were swarming me. Wished hubby had gotten a few pictures.

skinnyminnymomma
    Participant

Someone was handing out sparklers. These kids were in awe. You could tell they never say anything like it. I have a short video, but I don’t know if you can even post that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.