PDC

Home Forums TRIP REPORTS PDC

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 3 days ago by local8. This post has been viewed 29 times
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    local8
    Participant

Just got back from PDC on Monday evening after spending 6 wonderful days. My wife and I were last in Playa in August of 2004 and wow have things changed. This time we went with our 2 sons ages 15 and 14. My wife was fully vaccinated 2 months ago and I had my first dose 2 weeks ago. My sons and I got PCR tests 4 days before leaving for Mexico to make sure we were all negative. We stayed at the Antera Hotel and Residences on 10th Avenue between 4th and 6th streets. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it was great. The only negative was the music blasting from the club on 10th and 4th until 4 am every morning, but, we were tired enough that it didn’t bother us. We got our fill of tacos al pastor along with some other favorites over the 6 days. We did 2 excursions – one on the Fat Cat and a Tulum/Adventure Combo with Alltournatives. Both were great fun, although I have to admit, the Fat Cat just wasn’t the same as it was years ago. And, it was sad that all of the ruins at Tulum are now roped off and only visible from a distance. We spent most of our beach time at El Pirata which is connected to the Hotel Costa del Mar. It was sad to see that the Blue Parrot was long gone as it was the last place we had a drink in 2004 before leaving. We were also sad to see Hotel de la Tortuga closed as that was where we stayed for our honeymoon in 2003. The changes to the beach over the past years is incredible. So many more places to hang between the ferry pier and Avenue Constituyentes. As for our Covid test so we could return to the US, we went to the Farmacias del Ahorro Pelicanos at the corner of 10th and 10th. We stopped by early in the morning to get an appointment and returned at 12:30 to get tested. 299 MXN plus taxes. It took about 20 minutes total for all 4 tests. Luckily all 4 of us were negative, so we were able to enjoy are last 3 days fully. Looking forward to returning again after Covid so we can travel maskless and will also not wait another 17 years between trips.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.