Playa here we come! 🍻

Home Forums INTRODUCTIONS AND PEEP MEETS Playa here we come! 🍻

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ranger 1 week, 4 days ago. This post has been viewed 118 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Skscrewball
    Participant

Hola! We are heading to playa for a month in winter from Saskatchewan Canada.ย  Hubby and I are super excited as this is the first time we are able to take an extended holiday. I enjoy reading about everyones experiences. Thank you for letting me join this forum.

Canadiense Loco
    Participant

Good for you Skscrewball ๐Ÿ™‚ย  We are once again doing a month away from the Alberta cold winter.

Be warned……once you do a month it is hard to go back to anything less. ๐Ÿ™‚

wolfpf
    Participant

I can’t wait until I can escape the Saskatchewan winter for a whole month but I guess I’ll be happy for 3 weeks this year ๐Ÿ™‚

Skscrewball
    Participant

Thanks should be a good time.ย  🤗

Ranger
    Participant

Hi Wolf and Loco, I have been reading “Por Esto” and wondering if their news is as badly inflated or are the “fairly” accurate? I just read about a Mamits situation yesterday that was very alarming. I do not want to start talking Playa violence but wonder the depth. We are booked in Nov. so there is good reason to know.

Canadiense Loco
    Participant

Hi Ranger,

I am certainly not in the know like the locals and expats as to if all things reported are accurate or not, or over overblown.

My take on things is PDC has certainly grown and increases in crime will grow with it, just like in any city. I am aware that there may have been an increase in violent incidents, but it does not appear tourists are targeted in most cases. If the day comes where tourists are being targeted we will reconsider our plans, but for now we have felt just as safe on our recent trips as always. That being said, that is us. Everyone has their own take on what makes them feel uncomfortable or unsafe, and that is their right and for them to decide for themselves. And to even be witness to violence is unsettling. We were just down the beach from the ferry explosion in February and that certainly got our attention.

But I read and watch about incidents right here in my own country on a regular basis where innocent people are targets. Personally I would be more concerned about being a tourist in downtown Toronto.

For now we will continue to keep with our usual routine of using common sense, being aware of our surroundings, and being polite and respectful of others…โ€ฆthe same as we do at home.ย  My guess is you will go in November and have a great time and feel perfectly comfortable doing so.ย  Yes, I still love PDC. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ranger
    Participant

I understand your thoughts we live just south of Boston, 40 miles but cities and crime are different in all places. The young Mexicans have very little if any understanding what they are doing. The stray shots can be deadly. With he season being so bad they say some AI’s are closing causing big unemployment. You are likely right we will go in Nov. and hope the current move the sargassum away.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.