Riviera Maya Jazz Festival 2018

Home Forums GENERAL – PLAYA DEL CARMEN Riviera Maya Jazz Festival 2018

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PlayaMaya 1 month ago. This post has been viewed 66 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

PlayaMaya
    Participant

Lineups finally announced for this just recently. (Was beginning to wonder if it had fallen apart entirely or something.) Emphasis on vocalists this year, with Bebel Gilberto, Norah Jones & Bobby McFerrin headlining the 3 dates. They’re on Facebook as @RMJazzFestival and on Twitter as @RivieraMayaJazz, if you’d like more info.

Robs back
    Participant

i wish they would have that in the winter months when more people are down there

PlayaMaya
    Participant

I always thought that’s why it was when it was. Well, actually it’s not this year, but it seems like it was often the weekend of (US) Thanksgiving, and that they had done that on purpose to pick up on the lift in occupancy around that time.

Anyway, I’m just happy/relieved to see it’s still going in some form, as between the breakdown over the past few years in terms of timely announcements and their web site and then also the appearance of the jazz festival in Tulum (?), well it seemed like maybe they were running out of gas…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.