Tell me the truth…

Home Forums INTRODUCTIONS AND PEEP MEETS Tell me the truth…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ranger 4 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 209 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

unmrsriv05
    Participant

Is our PDC truly gone down hill with regards to safety? My guess is no, that the media has slammed it unnecessarily and it is still heaven on earth.   I have never let go of my desire to retire there. This is still a dream of mine.  Please be honest and let me know if its still safe or do i need to give up on my dream!  🙁

WaterRat
    Participant

Is our PDC truly gone down hill with regards to safety? My guess is no, that the media has slammed it unnecessarily and it is still heaven on earth.   I have never let go of my desire to retire there. This is still a dream of mine.  Please be honest and let me know if its still safe or do i need to give up on my dream!

My short answer would be no.

But, regardless of the responses you may get, that would be a question that only you can answer. Playa has certainly changed since our first trip in March of ’07.

If you have a preconceived notion of what Playa is, based on older experiences, then you certainly need to return to see if it’s still your “heaven on earth”.

At the end of the day, does it really matter what Joe, or Susan, or Fred, or Jane or I think? What do you think? How do you feel after you’ve been there for a month?

unmrsriv05
    Participant

thanks WaterRat, I appreciate your candor.  I guess I am  more concerned about all the ugly the media puts out about mexico… and in recent years about pdc … yes there have been shootings but hell, i live in NY so the same could be here.. or rather IS said here lol…… ive never stopped wanting to retire there or somewhere in the vicinity.  its been several years since ive been there due to personal reasons and i need a retreat soon.   thanks for the input

Ranger
    Participant

Mr. Rat hit that right IMO, we head down in 26 days. I had my doughts 4-5 months ago but we look at it like Mr. Rat.

BTW Mr. Rat we made our first trip/visit March 2007 as well, been back every year except lasy year. I had back surgery instead!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.